Simplify Your Oversize/Overweight Loads

  • Instantly Determine Permit & Escort Costs
  • Calculate Max Legal/Permitted Axle Weights
  • Understand Equipment Limits
See How It Works

Saskatchewan Trip And Fuel Permit - IRP and IFTA permits for Saskatchewan

The SGI Permit Office can issue the following permits to non-Saskatchewan carriers:

Single Trip Registration Permits

Can be purchased over the phone if paid by credit card. This doesn’t apply to Term Permits or permits issued through SGI’s Self-Issue Permit Program.

Single Trip Fuel Tax Permits

Can be purchased if the carrier is not part of the International Fuel Tax Agreement (IFTA)

Fuel Tax reporting is required from all interjurisdictional trucking firms that travel in Saskatchewan with commercial motor vehicles that have a gross vehicle weight of 11,797 kilograms or more.     

Interjurisdictional trucking firms must apply for an International Fuel Tax Agreement (IFTA) licence to report and account for Fuel Tax payable and distances traveled in each jurisdiction in which they operate. 

To get a single trip permit, contact:

Phone: 306-775-6969

Toll free: 1-800-667-7575 (in Saskatchewan)

IFTA membership

Out-of-province carriers who are IFTA members do not need to purchase a Single Trip Fuel Tax permit. To become a member, contact the Ministry of Finance at 306-787-6632 or 306-787-7749.

Source of information: