Simplify Your Oversize/Overweight Loads

  • Instantly Determine Permit & Escort Costs
  • Calculate Max Legal/Permitted Axle Weights
  • Understand Equipment Limits
See How It Works

Nebraska Trip And Fuel Permit - IRP and IFTA permits for Nebraska

Temporary Permit

Nebraska will issue temporary registration authority for a vehicle(s) to be added to an established fleet for a period of forty-five (45) days while apportioned registration is being processed. The carrier must be in good standing with the Department to be eligible for temporary authority. Temporary authority can be obtained from Motor Carrier Services 402-471-4435.

One temporary per unit will be issued at no fee. Temporary authorization will be faxed or e-mailed directly to the carrier.

Temporaries are granted for:

  1. Newly acquired vehicles
  2. Weight increases
  3. Lost vehicle identification (valid for twenty (20) days only).

Fuel Permit

A temporary decal/permit is valid for a period of thirty (30) days and must be carried in the cab at all times, along with a copy of the IFTA license. Failure to carry the temporary decal/permit may subject the vehicle operator to purchase a trip permit and citation. To receive a temporary permit contact Motor Carrier Services at 402-471-4435.

Source of information:

To order a Trip and/or Fuel Permit see