Simplify Your Oversize/Overweight Loads

  • Instantly Determine Permit & Escort Costs
  • Calculate Max Legal/Permitted Axle Weights
  • Understand Equipment Limits
See How It Works

Colorado Trip And Fuel Permit - IRP and IFTA permits for Colorado

72 hour Trip Permit

If a commercial vehicle requiring apportionment is not apportioned for Colorado, but occasionally does business here, a Laden Weight Registration Trip permit should be purchased at the first port facility. These permits are valid for 72 hours. The operator may make as many trips in, out, or through the state necessary within 72 hours.

Permit Fees:

GVW is 10,001 - 30,000 lbs. $60.00

GVW is 30,001 - 60,000 lbs. $70.00

GVW is 60,000 - legal max. lbs. $80.00

Fuel Permit

Vehicles Subject to IFTA:

1) Single unit with 2 axles and gross weight or registered weight greater than 26,000 lbs.

2) Single unit having 3 or more axles regardless of weight.

3) Combination unit when gross combination weight (GVW) or the registered weight (GVWR) is over 26,000 lbs.

Temporary IFTA permit obtainable at every Port of Entry location.

Source of information: