Simplify Your Oversize/Overweight Loads

  • Instantly Determine Permit & Escort Costs
  • Calculate Max Legal/Permitted Axle Weights
  • Understand Equipment Limits
See How It Works

Vermont Trip And Fuel Permit - IRP and IFTA permits for Vermont

Trip Permits

Trip permits will be required of Vermont based registrants who are eligible for apportioned registration when entering any IRP jurisdiction unless they have an apportioned registration.

With a trip permit, and provided you meet other requirements of the member jurisdiction, your vehicle is entitled to be operated intrastate and interstate for the period allowed under such permit. Trip permits require a USDOT number.

Out of state vehicle, eligible for apportioned registration and not apportioned with Vermont will be required to purchase a 72 hour trip permit for a fee of $15.00 plus additional permit service fees.

Trip permits may be obtained online at