Oversize/Overweight Permits And Regulations Online

Automate your quotes, axle compliance and permits with Oversize.io

See how it works

Tennessee Trip And Fuel Permit - IRP and IFTA permits for Tennessee

72-Hour Trip Permit

An IRP 72-Hour trip permit is required prior to entering a jurisdiction for any vehicle having a registration, but not registered or apportioned for a particular jurisdiction. This permit allows both inter or intra movement in Tennessee.

Temporary Fuel Use Permit

A temporary fuel use permit is available to freight motor vehicles operated over the highways of Tennessee on an occasional or infrequent basis. The permit may be issued for a period of time not to exceed seven consecutive days and shall be valid only for the particular vehicle for which it has been issued. The 7-Day Temporary Fuel Use Permit is required prior to entering Tennessee. In lieu of licensing under the IFTA, persons may elect to satisfy motor fuels use tax obligations on a trip-by-trip basis.

The fee for a Tennessee Trip and Fuel Use Permit is $30 per permit plus wire service fees.

Source of information: https://revenue.support.tn.gov/hc/en-us/articles/201915739-How-do-I-get-a-trip-and-or-fuel-permit-

Calculate Oversize/Overweight Load Regulations and Prices Instantly with Oversize.io