Simplify Your Oversize/Overweight Loads

  • Instantly Determine Permit & Escort Costs
  • Calculate Max Legal/Permitted Axle Weights
  • Understand Equipment Limits
See How It Works

Arizona Trip And Fuel Permit - IRP and IFTA permits for Arizona

Registration or Use Fuel Permits

Instead of buying single-trip permits each time entering Arizona, nonresident motor carriers may purchase registration and/or use fuel permits to enter and travel  lawfully in this state on multiple trips over a specific time period.

A 30-, 60- or 90-day registration permit is issued to a commercial vehicle or vehicle combination. The fee is based on the declared GVWR, the year of the vehicle and the length of the permit period requested.

The vehicle or vehicle combination must be currently registered in another state, jurisdiction or country.

The weight of the vehicle and the load may not exceed the declared GVWR on the registration or permit while operating in Arizona.

30-60-90 day permit may be verified against the registration, any time you enter an Arizona port of entry or by law enforcement.

A 30-, 90- or 180-day use fuel permit is issued to a use fuel (diesel) motor vehicle that is a road tractor, truck tractor, truck or passenger-carrying vehicle with a GVWR greater than 26,000 pounds having more than two axles. The permit fee is based on the permit length of the period requested.

30 days: $130

90 days: $390

180 days: $780

Permits can be purchased by one of these methods:

  1. Online
  2. National permit service
  3. Mail (using the address on the application form)
  4. In person at these port and commercial permit locations (using the application form)

Source of information: