Summer safety tips
- Slow down and drive with caution
- Drivers traveling too fast and not paying attention are the main causes of work zone crashes. Follow these safe driving tips:
- Stay alert, especially at night.
- Stay off cell phones and mobile devices.
- Be patient. Expect delays, especially during peak travel times.
- Obey posted speed limits. Fine for a violation in a work zone is $300.
- Expect work zones to constantly change. Day to day you could experience lane shifts, closures or moving workers and vehicles.
- Don’t make unnecessary lane changes.
- Do the zipper merge.
- Never enter a road blocked with barriers or cones.
Winter safety tips;
- Turn on your headlights and wear your seat belt.
- Turn off your cruise control.
- Slow down; allow at least 10 car lengths between your vehicle and a plow.
- Stay behind the snowplow. The road behind a snowplow is safer to drive on.
- Watch for snowplows that turn or exit frequently, and often with little warning.
- Never drive into a snow cloud.
Before leaving on your trip call 511 or visit http://www.511mn.org/ to get current road conditions.
https://lb.511mn.org//mnlb/Calculate Oversize/Overweight Load Regulations and Prices Instantly with Oversize.io