Simplify Your Oversize/Overweight Loads

  • Instantly Determine Permit & Escort Costs
  • Calculate Max Legal/Permitted Axle Weights
  • Understand Equipment Limits
See How It Works

District Of Columbia Trip And Fuel Permit - IRP and IFTA permits for District Of Columbia

Trip Permit 

Motor carriers, chartered buses—including chartered shuttle buses, and other vehicles that fall under the definition of IRP apportionable vehicles, but are not apportioned or fully registered in the District of Columbia, may obtain a trip permit to travel in the District for a fee, if required.

The trip permit is $50 and is valid for six (6) days of travel within the District of Columbia. It must be maintained on the vehicle while the vehicle is in the District of Columbia. The trip permit is only to be used for the vehicle listed on the front of the permit. For questions, call (202) 729-7083. 

Fuel Permit - not applicable. Non-IFTA jurisdiction.

Source of information: