When it comes to safety on the road in Maine, the rules one should follow are the same like with other states in order to avoid crashes and fatal injuries. An average of 500 crashes occur each year in Maine work zones, resulting in several fatalities. Another 200 are injured. Workers in these areas are vulnerable to serious injury, as are vehicle occupants.
What can you do to keep Work Zones safe?
- Slow down - drive at the posted work zone speed.
- Pay attention.
- Merge as soon as safely possible when required.
- Maintain a safe following distance.
- Stay calm and be patient if there are traffic delays.
- Remember to always wear your safety belt.
http://newengland511.org/Calculate Oversize/Overweight Load Regulations and Prices Instantly with Oversize.io