MAXIMUM LEGAL WEIGHT ALLOWED
Your truck requires a permit if it exceeds:
- Motor vehicle (2 axles) - 46,000 lbs.
- Vehicle or vehicle combination (3 axles) - 73,000 lbs.
- Vehicle or vehicle combinations (4 axles) - 87,000 lbs.
- Vehicle or vehicle combinations (5+ axles) - 99,000 lbs.
Your truck will also require a permit if the weight on any axle exceeds:
- Axles spaced less than 6 ft. apart - 18,000 lbs.
- Axles spaced more than 6 ft. apart - 22,400 lbs.
- Overall gross weight of 2 or more consecutive axles - 80,000 lbs.
MAXIMUM PERMIT WEIGHT ALLOWED
Note: not found
Source of information: https://www.mass.gov/service-details/commercial-truck-regulations
https://malegislature.gov/Laws/GeneralLaws/PartI/TitleXIV/Chapter90/Section19ECalculate Oversize/Overweight Load Regulations and Prices Instantly with Oversize.io