We are you, just slow down, work zone safety is in your hands.
Safety Tips for Drivers
- Obey the posted speed limit
- Stay alert
- Put down your phone. It’s the law!
- Don’t tailgate. Follow other vehicles at a safe distance.
- Expect the unexpected. Workers, vehicles, or equipment may enter your lane without warning.
- Be patient. It takes only a few extra seconds more to travel at the 10-15 mph reduced speed through work zones. Pay attention to work zone signs, and always obey the directions of the road crew flagger personnel, Allow for plenty of space between you and the car in front of you. Be ready for lane shifts and merge when instructed to do so, do not pass on the shoulder, do not change lanes unless directed to do so.
Be sure to check the WV511 Traveler Information System for information on work zones and real-time traffic for information on work zones and real-time traffic alerts.
Visit the DOH Districts page for information on maintenance work being performed in each county.