When escort vehicles are required:
- An escort is required for the movement of all widths exceeding 14 feet, and may be required for widths of less than 14 feet depending on the route.
- An escort is required for the movement of all loads that exceed 90 feet in length.
- Front and rear escorts are required on 18- foot wide loads that are being transported on two- lane highways.
- Police escorts are required on all loads that are 20 feet or more in width.
- Front and rear escorts are required for loads that exceed 110 feet in length.
Source of information: http://www.mvd.newmexico.gov/resources-information.aspx?a61393368fcd45f0b114e845bbc88ae5blogPostId=9a9cc881c5f742c2b0dc06097fd40764#/BlogContent Calculate Oversize/Overweight Load Regulations and Prices Instantly with Oversize.io