MAXIMUM LEGAL WEIGHT ALLOWED
The maximum axle load is the lesser of the following loads:
(1) the sum of the maximum load for each tire of an axle or a combination of axles, as indicated on the tire side wall by the manufacturer, except, for the axle or combination of axles belonging to classes B.10 to B.57, that the maximum load of a tire, that is not wide-tread and that is mounted on a single wheel, cannot exceed 10 kg per mm of nominal width of its tread;
(2) 5,500 kg for an axle belonging to class B.1, 11,000 kg for a combination of axles belonging to class B.2 or B.3 or a higher load maximum indicated by the manufacturer of the road vehicle or the load capacity indicated by the person who made alterations on or to a vehicle with the approval of the Société de l’assurance automobile du Québec in accordance with paragraph 1 of section 214 of the Highway Safety Code (chapter C-24.2);
(3) the maximum load provided for in section 14 that, as the case may be, is
(a) increased by 20% on a public road belonging to the special class;
(b) decreased by 1,000 kg per axle equipped with only 2 tires that are not wide-tread for axles of classes B.10 to B.57;
(c) decreased by 1,000 kg for classes B.31, B.32 and B.33 where the class of axles is made up of a group of axles equivalent to a triple axle.
For the purposes of subparagraph 1 of the first paragraph, in the case of double wheels, the maximum load of the inner tire is, unless proven otherwise, the same as that of the outer tire.
The provisions of subparagraph 1 of the first paragraph concerning the maximum load of a 10 kg tire per mm of nominal width of the tread and those of subparagraph b of subparagraph 3 of the first paragraph do not apply to a self-steering axle belonging to class B.44, where the width of the single wheel tires is at least 365 mm, or to class B.45, where the width of the single wheel tires is at least 385 mm.
The load limit of an axle or combination of axles, in a normal period or in a period of thaw or rain, belonging to a class in Schedule B is as follows:
Class Axle load
Normal period Period of thaw
B.1 9,000 kg 9,000 kg
B.2 16,000 kg 16,000 kg
B.3 15,000 kg 15,000 kg
B.10 10,000 kg 8,000 kg
B.20 10,000 kg 8,000 kg
B.21 18,000 kg 15,500 kg
B.25 13,500 kg 11,000 kg
B.25.1 18,000 kg 15,500 kg
B.26 10,000 kg 8,000 kg
B.30 18,000 kg 15,500 kg
B.31 21,000 kg 18,000 kg
B.32 24,000 kg 21,000 kg
B.33 26,000 kg 22,000 kg
B.40.1 18,000 kg 15,500 kg
B.40.2 23,000 kg 20,000 kg
B.41 26,000 kg 22,000 kg
B.42 26,000 kg 22,000 kg
B.43 28,000 kg 24,000 kg
B.44 32,000 kg 27,500 kg
B.45 34,000 kg 29,500 kg
B.56 17,000 kg 16,000 kg
B.57 23,000 kg 23,000 kg
The axle load limits during a normal period apply during a period of thaw or rain on a public highway belonging to the special class or to a tow truck hauling a vehicle that has been in an accident or has broken down, been seized or abandoned and, in all cases, without a load.
The maximum total loaded mass of a road vehicle or combination of road vehicles shall be the lesser of:
(1) the total loaded mass computed by adding the approved maximum axle loads in subparagraphs 1, 2 or 3 of the first paragraph of section 13 for each class of axles of that road vehicle without exceeding, for class B.1, 5,500 kg in the case of a tractor and 7,250 kg in the case of the other vehicles, for class B.3, 13,000 kg and for class B.2, 14,000 kg.
On a public highway belonging to the “special” class, the maximum total loaded mass of a combination of road vehicles belonging to classes A.40 to A.69 shall be computed by adding the maximum axle loads prescribed by section 13 for each class of axle of that combination of road vehicles increased by 10% without exceeding 60,000 kg.
On a public highway belonging to the “special” class, the maximum total loaded mass of a combination of road vehicles consisting of 3 vehicles shall be computed by adding the maximum axle loads prescribed by section 13, up to and including:
(1) 105,000 kg where the distance between the centre of the front axle of the tandem of the tractor and the centre of the rear axle of the combination of road vehicles is 28 m or more;
(2) 105,000 kg less the product of 1,200 kg per 300 mm under the 28 m length prescribed for paragraph 1.
MAXIMUM PERMIT WEIGHT ALLOWED
Source of information: http://www.bv.transports.gouv.qc.ca/per/0937584/01_2005.pdf
http://legisquebec.gouv.qc.ca/en/ShowDoc/cr/C-24.2,%20r.%2031Calculate Oversize/Overweight Load Regulations and Prices Instantly with Oversize.io