Simplify Your Oversize/Overweight Loads
In addition to the normal policies of transporting oversize loads, the following restrictions are required when transporting mobile homes, modular homes, house trailers, or sectional houses on Connecticut highways. Transporters failing to comply with these restrictions will be denied future permits. These restrictions pertain to all house trailers.
(1) The towing vehicle shall have a minimum manufacturer’s gross vehicle weight rating of 10,000 pounds and shall have dual wheels on the drive axle. All towing features shall conform to ICC requirements.
(2) (a) Travel for all mobile homes, modular homes, house trailers, or sectional houses except those in subsection 2 (b), is restricted to daylight hours, Monday through Friday, under favorable weather and road conditions.
(b) Units that are in excess of 12′ wide are restricted to hours between 9:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m., Tuesday through Thursday.
(3) The maximum width for house trailers is 14 feet. This 14 feet includes all roof overhangs, sills, knobs and siding.
(4) Convoy style hauling is not permitted. A safe passing distance is required between vehicles on all movements when the overall width exceeds ten feet.
(5) The combined length of the unit when attached to the towing vehicle shall not exceed eighty-five feet except that 90 feet is permitted when the towed unit does not exceed 66 feet in length excluding the hitch.
Calculate Oversize/Overweight Load Regulations and Prices Instantly with Oversize.io