Simplify Your Oversize/Overweight Loads

  • Instantly Determine Permit & Escort Costs
  • Calculate Max Legal/Permitted Axle Weights
  • Understand Equipment Limits
See How It Works

Hawaii Trip And Fuel Permit - IRP and IFTA permits for Hawaii

Fuel Permits

Fuel Permits are not necessary for travel within Hawaii, since Hawaii is not does not participate in the IFTA. For trucks registered in Hawaii that travel in other states and jurisdictions, you must pay quarterly taxes for each state you travel in that participates in the IFTA.

Temporary Permits

Permits issued in Hawaii are as follows:

One Way Permit — Permits issued for single trip movements are issued for one, one-way round trip movement of oversized or overweight vehicles and objects. These permits will be valid only for the specific date, time, vehicle, and route that is designated in the permit.

Continuous Operation Permit — Continuous operation permits for the movement of oversize and overweight vehicles may be issued for vehicles as long as:

  • The movements consist of specific oversize and overweight vehicles moved under their own power or a designated load to be mounted and moved on a specific vehicle.
  • The movements of the vehicle are made over a specific route or within a restricted area.
  • The movement must be made during the hours specified on the permit.
  • The duration of the permit should not be for more than one year.
  • The width of the vehicle or load is less than 12 feet and the overall length of the vehicle or combination of vehicles is equal to or less than 70 feet. (Agricultural equipment used for normal agricultural operations and used within the geographic area in which it is normally used is exempt from this restriction)

Source of information: