The State urges drivers to practice the following safety tips courtesy of the South Dakota Department of Transportation when traveling through road work zones:
- Don’t Speed – Reduce speed before entering a work zone. If other motorists are speeding, don’t follow the bad example. Remember, fines are double in work zones.
- Stay Alert – Dedicate full attention to the road. Remember, somebody’s loved one is working in that area.
- Pay Attention – Avoid distracting activities like adjusting the radio and talking or using a cell phone.
- Expect the Unexpected – Be extra vigilant because the traffic patterns and speeds are different than normal.
- Be Prepared to Stop – Signs and work-zone flaggers save lives.
- Don’t Tailgate – Maintain adequate and safe distances from workers and other vehicles.
- Be Patient – Remember, road crews are working to improve your future ride. Someone’s family is expecting them home at the end of their shift.
https://www.safetravelusa.com/sd/Calculate Oversize/Overweight Load Regulations and Prices Instantly with Oversize.io